Monday, April 25, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




This is a rather strange but, nevertheless, welcome piece of recognition from another blogger.  Someone else nominate's your blog (in this case Steve for which huge thanks) and the rules require that, in order to accept it you:

1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.

2) Share 7 things about yourself.

3) Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award.

4) Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.

So eventually, every one you know should have awarded it to each other.  Splendid!

This does not, however, detract from the fact that someone bothered to link to you at all.  So many blogs stop after a few months and, initially, I wrote mine solely for myself.  I was slightly surprised when I found out that other people actually looked at it and, in fact, this fact has meant that the reason I started my first blog (which was to force me to paint regularly) has indeed come to pass!  So, now to fulfill my requirements.

1) Steve thanked above but another thank you is deserved.


2) Seven things about myself.  This is tricky!

1.  I always wanted to be a paleontologist when I was small.  To the tedious extent that when I saw the trailer for One Million Years BC (1966) at the cinema, when I was six, I was appalled that they had depicted dinosaurs and humans as living at the same time. 

2.  I had my first glass of wine at the age of two and ahalf and protested loudly, in a restaurant in France, when I wasn't allowed another.

3.  I own three German First World War pickelhauben.

4.  I have visited over sixty countries.

5.  I am really, really scared of flying (or, rather crashing) hence number 4 gives me problems.

6.  I really don't enjoy driving, can't parallel park, can't reverse into a parking space in a car park and have never owned a car.  Fortunately, I have always had women to drive me around, although I do drive if absolutely necessary!

7.  Two of my ex-girlfriends have been on the cover of Vogue.

3) My nominated blogs are (and I don't think it matters if they have been nominated before):

1. Grimsby Wargaming not least because he is also a Chicago Bears fan!

2. Flintlock and Tomahawk is full of useful source material for the day I eventually do manage a skirmish wargame set in North American forests.

3. BigRedBatCave  His focus on Ancients, and Romans in particular, is awesome.

4. Tarleton's Quarter another chap with more focus than Greenwich Observatory.  I am convinced he is actually really a small Asian figure painting factory.

5. Waterloo to Mons is an inspired theme for a wargaming blog and also features Matt's very desirable Schleswig War figures.

6. Wars of Louis Quartorze offers an amazingly eclectic but still somehow comprehensive coverage of this period.

7. Solo Wargaming in the UK is also engagingly eclectic.

Well, I know that's only seven but on the same day my Darkest Africa blog also got a nomination so I can add my extra ones over there and reveal seven more things about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment