Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ludus Hedlius


I have a gladiatorial game at Guildford tomorrow and managed to finish another five Foundry Gladiators today to add to the two I did the other week.



Here is the whole ludus ready for their first games! I have now painted all the figures I have got and want to get some more. I think I am going to order some of the Crusader ones to see what they are like. Sometimes the Crusader figures are a bit small but the recent Rank and File Romans have been fine so I will see. I want to get some of the Equites which sensibly come with a foot and mounted figure for each.


I am reading a novel about gladiators at the moment, Sand of the Arena, by James Duffy. He has certainly done his research and although some of the writing is a bit ropey and too colloquially American it has some energy and narrative drive and I will definitely read the next one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fight-Rome-Gladiators-Empire-Novels/dp/1590131126/ref=pd_sim_b?ie=UTF8&qid=1213557649&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment