Monday, January 07, 2008

So Long to AWI


I have bitten the bullet and started to put my AWI books on eBay. The few figures I have will follow. I had wanted to do armies for this ever since I bought the nice Revell (I think) plastic figures years ago.


However, I think it's one of those periods where you have to make it your main interest, like Giles Allison does, it's not the sort of thing you can dabble in. I am satisfying my need for Tricornes with the Great Northern War!

It's a shame as the Perries AWI for Foundry and Perry Miniatures are turning into the most complete wargames range for any period (and still people are crying out for more figures!) but something has to give!

2 comments:

  1. LH, what figures do you have? Might be able to save you the ebay commission (and I might be able to same on p&p). In fact I'll email you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand this.

    There are only so many hours in a day etc etc. I've had to prune my collections down and the chance to do AWI has had to go if I'm ever to get my Napoleonics to a point where I can play a game.

    ReplyDelete